Nordic Organic Food Fair will host the finals of the Nordic regions only organic chef competitions, Nordic Organic Chef of the Year and two national finals for Sweden’s Organic Chef and Sweden’s Young Organic Chef.
Chefs from organic kitchens across the Nordic region will be fighting for the title of becoming the second Nordic Organic Chef of the Year in Malmö on 17th November.
The competition is organised by Föreningen Ekokockar (Organic Chef Association), which was founded in 2015. By hosting chef competitions the association is celebrating chefs in restaurants, school kitchens and nursing homes who are often working on tight budget. The competitions give all of the organic heros inspiration for how to work with produce, give them new recipe ideas and a place to gather and celebrate their accomplishments.
Regional finals were held in the Spring for the young organic chefs, and they will be competing on Wednesday the 16th November along with the Swedish finals.
10:00 – 13:00 Swedish Young Organic Chef
13:30 – 16:00 Swedish Organic Chef of the Year
16:30 – 17:00 Award Ceremony Swedish Young Organic Chef & Swedish Organic Chef of the Year
17:00 – 18:00 Presentation of Nordic Organic Chef of the Year and the competitions Black Box to chefs
Thursday 17 November
10:00 – 11:00 – Introduction Nordic Organic Chef of the Year
11:00 – 15:00 – Nordic Organic Chef of the Year
15:30 – 16:00 – Award Ceremony and finish
The finalists, who will be competiting in team of three for Sweden’s Young Organic Chef are:
- Team 1: Stockholms Internationella Restaurangskola – Louise, Elin & Hanna
- Team 2: Fridhemsgymnasiet, Umeå – Elina, Linnea & Malin
- Team 3: Tannbergskolan, Lycksele – Johanna, Moa & Ebba (Winners)
- Team 4: Ester Mosessons Gymnasium, Göteborg – William, Marcus & Edwin
- Team 5: Ryssbygymnasiet – Anton, Jenny & Patrik
- Team 6: Lyckseles – Johan, Kristoffer & Natalie
The six finalists for Sweden’s Organic Chef are
- Patrik Sewerin, Gunnebo Kaffehus & Krog, Mölndal
- Jonas Alvin, Stångs Magasin, Linköping
- Mats-Peter Kristiansen, Spira Foods, Göteborg
- Viktor Arabzadeh, Upper House, Göteborg (Winner)
- Rasmus Johansen, Clarion Live, Malmö
- Jonas Heimbrand, Gunnebo Kaffehus & Krog, Mölndal
Nordic Organic Chef of the Year
For the Nordic Finals will take place on Thursday the 17th and we look forward to welcoming finalists from Norway, Finland, Estonia and Sweden. Håvard Klempe (Winner), a sous chef at Credo in Trondheim, will be representing Norway (winner), and Estonia’s finalist will be announced at the show. The Swedish finalist will be the winner from the Swedish final held on the 16th November, see finalists above.
The winner from Finland will be found at ELMA in Finland on the 12th November will be found between these 4 competing chef. More about that here.
- Benjamin Frostell, Gastrobar Emo, Helsinki
- Marcos Gois, Fat Ramen ja Ruoto catering, Helsinki
- Mika Niiniranta, Contentissimo Catering, Helsinki
- Alexandra Spens, Lähellä Deli, Kauniainen
For more information about the competition go to: www.ekokockar.se